Posted: Oct 9, 2012 6:51 AM by Angela Douglas - MTN News
Updated: Oct 9, 2012 8:41 AM
BILLINGS- It was a fiery scene on Moore Lane Monday morning as Billings firefighters fought to control a natural gas fire.
The gas line broke Monday shortly before 9:30 a.m. during some excavating at Brookstone Monument.
The natural gas line was cut and fire quickly erupted next to the building at 249 Moore Lane.
It took more than an hour before a crew from Montana-Dakota Utilities had the gas turned off and the area secured after the fire sparked.
Authorities say there was some minor damage done to the exterior of the building, amounting to $5,000.
The building was occupied at the time of the incident, but no one was injured.