Posted: Aug 17, 2012 7:23 AM by Phil Buck - KPAX News
Updated: Aug 17, 2012 11:48 AM
MISSOULA- A 10-year-old Missoula girl spent the night in the hospital, being treated for burns she suffered after an explosion in her home.
The Missoula County Sheriff's Office tells us the girl was in a utility room in the home's basement, spraying her shoes with a water-repellent product when the blast happened.
Authorities say the room filled with flammable gas, which was then ignited by a hot-water heater pilot light.
One deputy responding to the call in the Target Range area ran into the house, found the room fully engulfed in flames, and then put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.
The girl was taken to Community Medical Center with burns on her head, arms and legs. There's no word on her condition.
We'll have more on this story as information becomes available.