Posted: May 3, 2012 9:25 PM by KAJ News Staff
Updated: May 4, 2012 12:34 PM
KALISPELL- Students and faculty had to be evacuated from St. Matthew's School on Thursday morning after some faulty wiring set off the smoke alarms inside. The alarm was triggered by smoke coming from a room that housed a computer network wiring as well as a washer and dryer.
Everyone made it out of the building safely and were taken to Flathead High School. St Matthew's staffers say the remainder of the day went very smoothly, thanks to the high school administration and students.
Flathead and Glacier high school staff supplied the students with lunch and games and FHS students helped watch the children while they waited to be picked up by their parents
"Of course, every single child had to go to the bathroom, which is pretty typical, so it was nice have these high schoolers herding the kids back and forth. They're doing fine and they're not scared. It's all been calm and we're just happy everybody is out safely," first grade teacher Lisa Brann said.
Classes are scheduled to resume at St. Matthew's School on Friday.