Posted: Nov 8, 2011 5:56 PM by Katy Harris (KAJ News)
Updated: Nov 8, 2011 10:45 PM
WHITEFISH- The Whitefish family who lost everything they own in a house fire Monday says they're so grateful for the community's overwhelming support and help.
A wood stove caused the Pengelly family's mobile home to catch on fire early Monday morning and they lost everything, including Veteran Ryan Pengelly's medals while serving eight years in the Army and three tours of duty.
About 50 people called to help and five people stopped by to give boxes of food, furniture, blankets and clothes. The family plans to clean up the rubble on Saturday and needs help. If you would like to lend a hand, call (406) 863.9297.