Quantcast

Crews battle Hamilton house fire - KPAX.com | Continuous News | Missoula & Western Montana

Crews battle Hamilton house fire

Posted: Updated:

HAMILTON - No injuries have been reported after a two-story residential home caught fire near Hamilton on Saturday.

The Hamilton Volunteer Fire Department, along with crews from Corvallis and Pinesdale, responded to a home on West River Road just before 5 p.m.

Hamilton Assistant Fire Chief Joe Kerr told MTN News when he arrived on scene there was significant smoke and flames coming from the attic of the home.

Kerr said their preliminary investigation shows the fire started near the home's wood stove. Crews worked to put out the flames for nearly two hours.

There was extensive smoke and water damage and the attic is a total loss. The homeowners are now staying with friends, 

Kerr wanted to extend a big thank you to Heart Ministries for providing food and water to the  firefighters on the scene.

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KPAX.com 2018, KPAX.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?