Quantcast

Small fire quashed at Missoula Indoor Soccer Arena - KPAX.com | Continuous News | Missoula & Western Montana

NEW INFO

Small fire quashed at Missoula Indoor Soccer Arena

Posted: Updated:

MISSOULA - No damage was done and cleanup is underway after a small fire broke out inside the Missoula Indoor Soccer Arena on Wednesday evening.

Missoula firefighters responded just after 6:30 p.m. The building was immediately evacuated, while fire crews put the blaze out within minutes.

City fire officials told MTN News on Wednesday evening that an overheated extension cord created sparks which then caused flames to spread to one of the bouncy houses nearby.

However, Missoula Indoor Soccer Arena owner Kevin Flynn told MTN News that the bouncy house did not catch fire. Flynn says the fire started along the fence line near the bouncy castle, which caused the structure to melt.  

Flynn also says DaySpring Restoration will be at the facility Thursday morning to clean up the minimal damage and the facility is expected to reopen sometime Thursday.  

Fire officials say no injuries were reported as a result of the incident.

CLARIFICATION: This report contains additional details on the incident that were not previously reported.

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KPAX.com 2018, KPAX.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?