Quantcast

Marshal: Fire at Billings business likely an accident - KPAX.com | Continuous News | Missoula & Western Montana

Marshal: Fire at Billings business likely an accident

Posted: Updated:

BILLINGS - The fire that broke out at a Billings foundry on Sunday night was likely caused by an electrical failure, according to Fire Marshal Mike Spini.

Spini said Monday that they have ruled the cause as accidental, likely starting by a failure in a piece of the foundry's equipment.

Firefighters initially responded to the fire at Billings Bronze foundry just after 10 p.m. on Sunday. 

Spini said they are waiting on an assessment by the business's insurance, but the building is likely a total loss.

It took nearly an hour for crews to douse flames that would at times flare up significantly.

Spini said the below zero temperatures caused problems for firefighting crews through the night.

The Billings Police Crime Scene truck was brought to the scene of the fire to allow crews a place to warm up.

As of Monday afternoon, crews were still on scene monitoring small flare-ups in the building.

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KPAX.com 2018, KPAX.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?