Quantcast

Billings family escapes house fire - KPAX.com | Continuous News | Missoula & Western Montana

Billings family escapes house fire

Posted: Aug 09, 2018 1:01 PM Updated:

BILLINGS - A woman and two children escaped a house fire Thursday morning in central Billings. 

The fire was reported at about 7:40 a.m. at 51 Rhea Lane. 

The woman and two children were outside of the house when the Billings Fire Department arrived minutes later. 

Battalion Chief Ed Regele said the front door of the home was open when they arrived and the woman and children were standing outside. 

Fire officials later said it appeared the fire was started accidentally by combustibles left on top of the kitchen stove.

There was fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

The resident says that they have lost everything: "Everything in our house is a total loss."

The amount of damage was estimated at $200,000.

There were no injuries reported. 

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KPAX.com 2018, KPAX.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?