Great Falls' AMC Classic movie theater will open on Thursday -- but with a few changes to the moviegoing experience.
As part of AMC’s "Safe & Clean" campaign, all AMC theaters will practice the following protocols:
- Enforcement of masks upon entry into the facility
- Shorter concession menus to minimize long lines
- 40% or less capacity guidelines for theater seating
- Refills unavailable to minimize person-to-person contact
- Social distancing required in the facility
- Masks must be worn unless eating or drinking concessions
- Employees required to complete daily health screenings
- Many concession items available upon request, such as food napkins, lids, straws and condiments like ketchup, mustard, relish, buttery popcorn topping and salt
- Sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available
- Patrons urged to self-screen and avoid visiting theater if displaying any signs of COVID-19
- Frequent hand washing encouraged for both patrons and employees
These additions are intended to allow patrons access to movies in a traditional format while also taking precautions against the spread of COVID-19.
According to AMC’s website, most of their theaters will reopen by Labor Day weekend.
For a full list of theater reopening dates, click here.