HAMILTON – Ravalli County officials are continuing to urge residents in the Bitterroot to prepare for spring flooding.
Emergency Services officials are continuing their recent efforts to help folks get ready as temperatures increase and snow and ice accumulations begin to melt.
Sand and sandbags have now been distributed to the following locations and are available to Ravalli County residents:
- Darby Town Yards, 500 East Miles in Darby
- Ravalli County Fairgrounds, enter through the access road next to the County Road Shop on Fairgrounds Rd., located in the far northeast corner of the grounds
- Corvallis Fire Station #2 at mile marker 9 on Eastside Highway
- Victor Fire New Station, 2383 Meridian Rd in Victor
- Stevensville Fire Westside Station at the Stevensville Wye behind Subway
- Stevensville Etna Station, 356 Willoughby Ln
- Three Mile Fire Station #1, 1064 Three Mile Creek Road
- Florence Fire Station #2, 562 Hidden Valley Road North
Sandbags should only be placed to protect structures and must not be used to divert water onto other properties.
People also shouldn’t place sandbags, boards or other obstructions or diversions in irrigation ditches or canals.
Anyone with questions regarding wells or septic tanks can contact the Ravalli County Environmental Health Department at (406) 375-6565.
The Office of Emergency Management may also be contacted for further information during normal business hours at (406) 375-6655.