This Week in Fish and Wildlife: Replacing damaged licenses

FWP has switched to a new paper for licenses - how you can get a free replacement
Posted at 2:38 PM, Sep 26, 2019
and last updated 2019-09-26 16:38:19-04

A valid license is required in the state of Montana to hunt or fish. However, some licenses printed earlier this year have suffered a defect - they are fading, making them unreadable.

Morgan Jacobsen from the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks talked about this situation with Montana This Morning’s Chet Layman for This Week in Fish and Wildlife.
According to Jacobsen, some of the earlier printed licenses have faded to the point of making them invalid. Some folks have gone in and bought replacements. Now FWP has switched to a new paper for licenses and anyone can go in to an FWP license provider to get a replacement for free.
Jacobsen also says anyone who paid for a replacement and saved their receipt can get their $5 refunded. For more information go to the FWP website at