MISSOULA – Fire crews tackled a structure fire in Missoula on Thursday evening.
The Missoula City Fire Department was called out to a home in the 400 block of Burlington Avenue just before 8:15 p.m. on Thursday.
Acting Battalion Chief Jeff Kroll says firefighters arrived at the home to find heavy smoke coming from the home but were able to quickly get inside and knock down the blaze.
All of the occupants were outside of the home when crews arrived at the scene. Kroll says the fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damages. There’s no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
The Missoula Fire Department notes in a news release that heating equipment is a leading cause of home fire deaths and that combustible material should be kept at least three from heating equipment.