GREAT FALLS — There were 114 new COVID-19 cases reported on Tuesday in Montana, and the pandemic death toll in the state is now 1,665 (an increase of three since Monday), according to the Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services (DPHHS).
The number of state residents who have been fully immunized against the virus is now 426,241 (about 46% of the state population). The total number of doses administered is 862,170. If you want to get vaccinated, contact your county health department, or click here.
State health officials reported there have been 113,690 cumulative cases in Montana. The number of recoveries is now 111,616. There are currently 409 active cases reported across the state.
The total number of COVID tests administered in Montana is 1,442,342, an increase of 2,221 tests during the reporting period.
The number of people currently hospitalized due to COVID is 54 (up one from Monday); the cumulative number of hospitalizations due to the virus is 5,508.
The new cases reported on Monday were in the following counties:
- Yellowstone County Cases: 18,049 Total | 28 New | 114 Active
- Cascade County Cases: 9,507 Total | 24 New | 73 Active
- Flathead County Cases: 12,428 Total | 11 New | 34 Active
- Ravalli County Cases: 3,262 Total | 9 New | 18 Active
- Blaine County Cases: 818 Total | 7 New | 8 Active
- Gallatin County Cases: 14,920 Total | 5 New | 15 Active
- Lewis & Clark County Cases: 7,062 Total | 5 New | 24 Active
- Beaverhead County Cases: 929 Total | 3 New | 1 Active
- Hill County Cases: 2,034 Total | 3 New | 6 Active
- Missoula County Cases: 9,366 Total | 3 New | 32 Active
- Silver Bow County Cases: 4,164 Total | 3 New | 8 Active
- Musselshell County Cases: 376 Total | 2 New | 4 Active
- Powell County Cases: 937 Total | 2 New | 3 Active
- Sanders County Cases: 676 Total | 2 New | 2 Active
- Dawson County Cases: 1,104 Total | 1 New | 2 Active
- Fergus County Cases: 1,132 Total | 1 New | 1 Active
- Lake County Cases: 2,137 Total | 1 New | 7 Active
- Park County Cases: 1,460 Total | 1 New | 7 Active
- Stillwater County Cases: 752 Total | 1 New | 6 Active
- Toole County Cases: 728 Total | 1 New | 3 Active
- Wheatland County Cases: 183 Total | 1 New | 2 Active
DPHHS transitioned in early June to weekday-only reporting of COVID and vaccination data, and the state website is no longer updated on weekends. As a result of this change, Montanans can expect the numbers reported on Monday to be larger given that day will include weekend numbers. Due to data reconciliation efforts, case reports may be reclassified as they are reviewed. This may change case counts for jurisdictions.
NOTE: Since the onset of the COVID pandemic, MTN News made every effort to report local data, when available, in lieu of the statewide report furnished each day. County health departments were able to share data with the public faster than the state in certain instances. We believed that compiling this data along with that of the state was the best way to provide the most current look at the public health status in each of our communities.
With continued vaccinations and a continuing decrease in daily cases, state data has started to align more closely with local reports. Several major jurisdictions stopped providing their own updates and now funnel all of their data through the state website. Based on these factors, MTN News has decided that effective June 1, 2021, our COVID-19 reports will rely on data from the DPHHS website.
After several weeks of monitoring, the active case rate reported by the state closely aligns with that seen by departments that still report their own numbers. We believe that this information provides an accurate snapshot in each part of Montana. We'll continue to monitor data and if there is a need to add local information back into our reporting we will do so.