Authorities in Jefferson, Madison and Beaverhead counties are still looking for Tory Gee.
He escaped from the Jefferson County Detention Center on Oct. 10 and is believed to have stolen a pickup truck in Boulder, and another truck near Twin Bridges on Monday.
He also is suspected of stealing a Montana Department of Transportation pickup truck on Wednesday evening north of Dillon. Authorities warn the public to keep their homes and vehicles locked.
"It's pretty obvious he's willing to steal anything that has a key left in the vehicle, and I think it's important that people know what to watch for and report anything suspicious immediately to 911," Madison County Sheriff Phil Fortner said.
Police have not yet recovered the stolen state pickup. According to the Sheriff's Office, Gee was wearing a white t-shirt with orange pants. He has a clean-shaven face and head. The Sheriff's Office says that Gee escaped at 10;25 p.m. last Friday.
He is listed on the jail roster as being held on a $50,000 bond for a warrant in Madison County. According to the Montana Department of Corrections, Gee has felony convictions in Beaverhead County for assault with a weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, and burglary. The Montana Sexual & Violent Offender website states that Gee is a registered violent offender, with a felony conviction for assault with a weapon in 2010.
If you see Gee, they ask that you call 911 immediately, and do not approach him.
The Sheriff's Office provided the following updates on their Facebook page:
- UPDATE [1:25am]: Law enforcement officials continue to search for the escaped inmate. Boulder residents, please remain inside and keep your doors locked.
- UPDATE [2:29am] The search for the this escaped inmate is ongoing. We will post more information here as it becomes available.
- UPDATE [3:20am] Boulder and area residents are no longer being asked to remain indoors, but should remain vigilant for this individual, as he remains at large. Vehicles and homes should be kept locked. If seen, DO NOT APPROACH AND CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. Any new updates will be posted as they become available.
- Update #4 [10/12/19 8:20am]: The Sheriff's office has received a report of a stolen vehicle in Boulder. The vehicle is a 1991 Chevrolet S10 pickup, blue in color, license plate number 51-1565B. If seen, do not approach and call 911 immediately.
- Update #5 [10/12/19, 5:30pm]: Law enforcement officials continue to search for the escaped inmate, with the assistance of other jurisdictional partners. Any new information will be posted on this page. We appreciate the patience and vigilance of the public during this incident.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said updates will be provided on their Facebook page and through the county's low-power FM radio station.