NewsLocal NewsFlathead County


Crews battle Kalispell garage fire

Posted at 11:00 AM, Nov 27, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-27 12:35:43-05
Kalispell Garage Fire
The fire was reported on 11.26.18 in the 100 block of Santa Fe Court in Kalispell. (MTN News image)

KALISPELL – Fire crews were able to douse a garage fire in Kalispell on Monday.

Kalispell Fire Chief Dave Dedman says that shortly after 8:30 a.m. crews were called to a working fire in the 100 block of Santa Fe Street.

Firefighters arrived at the scene to find a fire with smoke showing from three sides of an attached garage.  The damage was isolated to the garage area with moderate smoke damage reported in the attached living areas of the structure,” according to Dedman.

No injuries have been reported and the occupants of the home evacuated before crews arrived at the scene.

Dedman says the blaze has been ruled accidental and was caused by combustibles located to close to a wood-fired heating appliance.

The Kalispell, Evergreen and Smith Valley fire departments, the Kalispell Police Department, Braveheart Ministries, the American Red Cross, Flathead Electric Cooperative and NorthWestern Energy all responded to the scene.