KALISPELL — A Kalispell family is without Christmas presents and a local woman is asking for gift donations to make that family's holiday.
With five children and a limited income a Kalispell family was nominated to be "adopted" for Christmas -- meaning that they would receive gifts in donations.
Four out of the five children are teenagers and there are limited donation resources for teens in the Flathead. As of Dec. 20, the family – which would like to remain anonymous for privacy reasons -- had received no gifts.
Kalispell resident Jessica Cleveland found out about this family's need and decided to step up to the plate. Now, she's encouraging as many people as possible to donate small items for this family in need.
"Every kid, regardless of any situation should have a Christmas. This family, this woman -- she and her husband have worked diligently to make sure that these kids have a safe, stable home,” Cleveland said. “The biggest support this community can do is to give them and provide them a Christmas."
Cleveland is setting up a donation drop off site for anyone who wants to help the family. It will be located at 285 North Main, Street Suite C, in Kalispell from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 22.
Family wish list
- Mom: A $100 gift card for a manicure and/or pedicure is begin requested.
- Dad: Car stuff or gift card for an auto repair store like O'Reilly's as he enjoys working on vehicles.
- Boy 15 (soon to be 16): He is in XXL and wears 38/32 pants. He likes Harry Potter, culinary cooking, anime, cats, tigers and pugs. Also being requested are tools for working on vehicles.
- Boy 16: He wears large men’s size shirts and is into camouflage. He likes hunting, fishing and hiking and loves being outdoors. So, anything that has to do with the outdoors can be donated.
- Boy 17: He likes the Seahawks and reading sci-fi fantasy and Star Wars. He’s into Yu-Gi-Oh cards and magic cards and anything that has to do with the Nightmare Before Christmas. He wears size 36/34 pants.
- Boy 17: He is a sports fanatic his favorite team is Patriots. He also loves basketball and the Thunder is his favorite team. Donations for Bluetooth headphones are also welcome. He wears size 30/32 pants.
- Girl 9: She likes to draw, read and crafts. She also enjoys anything cat related. She needs dressy church clothes and dresses. She wears a size 10 and medium-to-large girl’s sizes. Additionally, she wears size 4 shoes and boots.