NewsLocal NewsFlathead County

Actions

Fire hits Whitefish restaurant

Ciao Mambo hit by blaze
Posted: 2:06 PM, Sep 29, 2019
Updated: 2019-09-30 07:58:52-04
Ciao Mumbo in Whitefish fire
Ciao Mumbo in Whitefish fire
Ciao Mumbo in Whitefish fire
Ciao Mumbo in Whitefish fire

WHITEFISH — A fire broke out in Ciao Mambo on Saturday afternoon, forcing the restaurant to close for the rest of the weekend.

The Whitefish Fire Department and several other agencies responded to the scene of the blaze in the 200 block of Second Street East.

Local fire officials say this was an example of the valley services and agencies working together with Big Mountain Fire, Evergreen Fire Rescue , Columbia Falls Fire and West Valley Fire & Rescue
all providing mutual aid.

The Whitefish Fire Department was also having rookie training Saturday and had the help of the new recruits.