MISSOULA – Fire crews battled a pair of blazes in Missoula on Monday.
Missoula City firefighters were called to a home in the 100 block of Cove Street for reports of a fire in an upstairs bathroom shortly after 12:30 p.m. after
Crews quickly put out the small blaze which caused about $2,000 in damages. One person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation and a small burn to the wrist.
Firefighters were called to another apartment fire shortly after 5:45 p.m. at the Council Grove apartments om 3rd Street West.
The first arriving engine crew found smoke showing and flames visible in the kitchen of one the downstairs apartments in the three-story building.
Crews extinguished the fire in the downstairs apartment while additional crews evacuated the surrounding apartments.
The fire damage was contained to the kitchen area with light smoke damage throughout the apartment. Missoula City Fire Chief Jeff Brandt says the damages are estimated at between $3,000 and $5,000.
No injuries were reported.