NewsMissoula County


Garage burns in Missoula fire

Posted at 11:51 AM, Oct 16, 2018
and last updated 2018-10-16 13:54:32-04
Missoula Butler Creek Fire
The blaze was reported Tuesday morning in the 9000 block of Butler Creek Road. (MTN News image)

MISSOULA – A garage burned but a house was saved in a Tuesday morning fire in Missoula.

The  Missoula Rural Fire District was called out to the blaze in the 9000 block of Butler Creek Road.

MRFD Fire Chief Chris Newman says that when the initial fire engine arrived on the scene the detached garage was fully engulfed and the house was just starting to catch fire.

Newman added in a news release that, “quick and aggressive work by MRFD firefighters kept the fire from entering the home and the fire only caused minor exterior damage.”

The occupants of the home self-evacuated and were not injured. No injuries to firefighters were reported. Investigators have not yet determined what sparked the blaze.

MRFD was assisted by Frenchtown Fire, East Missoula Fire, Missoula County deputies, Missoula Emergency Services and NorthWestern Energy.