MISSOULA — Missoula County Public Schools (MCPS) begin returning to the classroom full-time starting on Monday and the district is in dire need of additional staff members.
MCPS is hiring everyone from full-time teachers and substitutes to custodians and lunch crews. District Communications Director Hatton Littman told MTN News that members of the community are starting to step up.
Watch the full interview above.
Elementary and Secondary teaching positions
- Requires Certificate/License or statement regarding Montana licensure status
- Support teachers and students in the classroom throughout the day
- $13.62 to $16.06 per hour depending on position and placement on wage scale
- 6.5 - 7 hrs/day
- Requires Copies of college transcripts (2 yr Associate Degree or 72 qtr college credits) or copies of PASS test (MEA-MFT) or TABE test scores
Noon Duty Aides/Crossing Guards K-8
- Support students during the lunch period and at recess
- $10.00 to $10.57 per hour depending on experience
- 2.25 hrs/day, Monday-Friday, 180 days/9 holidays
- $13.62 -$14.97 per hour depending on experience
- 8 hrs/day
Kitchen Helpers K-12
- Prepares and serves food to students
- $11.41 to $12.46 per hour depending on experience
- 3 hrs/day, 179 days / 9 holidays from 10:15 am to 1:15 pm, Monday - Friday
- Teachers (requires 4-year college degree, does not need to be in education) - 12.50/hour
- Para educators $12.50/hour
- Custodians $13.25/hour
- Secretaries $11.50/hour
- Kitchen Helpers $10.50/hour
- Noon Duty Aides $10.00/hour
- Nurses RN $24.00/hour and LPN $14.00 /hour
Apply online or visit the MCPS District Office at 909 South Avenue in Missoula.