MISSOULA — Crews battled an early Sunday morning garage fire in Missoula that's believed to have been ignited by fireworks.
The Missoula Rural Fire District (MRFD) responded to reports of a structure fire in the 3400 block of North Avenue shortly after 4 a.m.
MRFD Assistant Fire Chief Brent L. Christopherson says firefighters arrived to find an attached garage on fire.
Christopherson says firefighters knocked that down quickly and prevented further damage and extension.
The home was occupied by the owners and a tenant that lived downstairs who all escaped the fire safely.
MRFD fire investigators believe the fire to have been caused by fireworks.
The estimated property saved was approximately $250,000 and damage to the structure is estimated at $150,000.
The occupants will be staying with family members that live in the area.