MISSOULA — Missoula County Public Schools (MCPS) are looking for paraeducators, substitute teachers and other essential jobs to help out in their schools.
The coronavirus forced MCPS into a hybrid model of learning and most of the substitutes were hired for the Montana Online Academy.
MCPS Superintendent Rob Watson says that he understands people's worries about the spread of COVID-19, but assures that the protocols that are in place are to protect students and faculty from the spread of the virus.
Watson is also encouraging people who enjoy being around kids and those who have patience to apply with the school district.
"I encourage folks to just give it some consideration, if they've ever thought about working in a school, or if they have extra time, even part-time, they could give to the school it would really help us out in terms of making that transition back to more days in school for kids," Watson said.
MCPS needs help to fill the below positions as soon as possible:
- $13.62 to $15.47 per hour depending on position and placement on wage scale
- 6.5 - 7 hrs/day
- Requires Copies of college transcripts (2 yr Associate Degree or 72 qtr college credits) or copies of PASS test (MEA-MFT) or TABE test scores (Dickinson Adult Ed 549-8765)
Noon Duty Aides
- $10.00 to $10.57 per hour depending on experience
- 2.25 hrs/day, Monday-Friday, 180 days/9 holidays
Custodians - Temporary through December 31st
- $13.62-14.97 per hour depending on experience
- 8 hrs/day
- Teachers (requires 4-year college degree, does not need to be in education) $11.43/hour
- Para educators $11.43/hour
- Custodians $10.50/hour
- Secretaries $10.75/hour
- Kitchen Helpers $9.50/hour
- Noon Duty Aides $8.65/hour
- Nurses RN $18.90 per hour and LPN $12.60 per hour
Apply online or visit the MCPS office at 215 South 6th Street West.