MISSOULA — The Missoula City-County Joint Information Center for COVID-19 hosted a press conference on Friday at 11 a.m. to discuss several items.
The Missoula County Public Schools’ Phased Reopen Plan was on the agenda and the work being done to coordinate child care and after-school programs was also discussed.
Watch the full press conference below.
We will have a full recap during the Friday 5:30 News.
Below is a list of speakers and topics:
- MCPS Superintendent Rob Watson will provide details about the reopening plan, the MCPS Online Academy, and safety measures within schools.
- Grace Decker with the United Way of Missoula County will address the coordination that is occurring with schools and child care providers to ensure family needs are met.
- Kelly Rosenleaf of Child Care Resources is expected to detail what new grant resources announced by Gov. Steve Bullock mean for Missoula County child care providers and parents.
- Heather Foster with the Missoula YMCA will provide details about YMCA programs for after-school care and full-day care on days that students are on remote learning.
- Meg Whicher, with Missoula Parks and Recreation, will discuss after-school and full-day programs.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Missoula's Katie Moore will provide information about the organization's after-school and full-day programs
- Missoula Health Officer Elen Leahy is expected to talk about how the Missoula City-County Health Department is working in close coordination with school and child care providers.