MISSOULA — Gov. Steve Bullock's plan for a phased reopening of Montana continues with many businesses continuing to reopen.
Under the governor's directive, schools across the Treasure State are allowed to reopen on May 7.
However, each district’s board of trustees will be tasked with making the decision to reopen or continue at-home schooling until the end of the current school year.
The governor has provided for continued school funding for either option, as well as a list of considerations schools must strive for.
Should school districts decide to reopen, the public can expect that to look different in each district and not simply constitute an immediate return to normal operations.
Missoula County Public Schools announced last week that remote learning will continue for the remainder of the academic year.
The following Missoula County school districts are continuing remote, online learning:
- Hellgate School District #4
- Lolo Elementary School District #7
- Potomac School District #11
- Bonner School District #14
- Woodman School District #18
- DeSmet School District #20
- Target Range School District #23
- Sunset School District #30
- Clinton School District #32
- Seeley Lake Elementary School District #34
- Swan Valley School District #33
- Frenchtown School District #40