MISSOULA — Mountain Line representatives say that transportation shouldn't be a barrier to democracy.
The bus service will be offering rides to Missoula County ballot drop off locations on Election Day. Buses will run all day on Nov. 3 on Mountain Line’s special bus-to-ballot route.
Mountain Line spokeswoman Shanti Johnson says this is in an effort to increase accessibility and access for voters.
"We have always operated on Election Day, but we've never released a special map that actually shows where the various locations are to drop off a ballot or vote,” Johson told MTN News.
“But this year in particular, when there are so many barriers to coming together to participating, part of our mission is to connect people, and empower them to be part of this community and this is one way we can do that this year,” she added.
Missoula County Nov. 3 ballot drop-off locations:
- Missoula Early Learning Center: 2625 Briggs Street, Missoula
- Frenchtown Fire Station: 16875 Marion Street, Frenchtown
- Spring Meadows Fire Station: 9350 Ladyslipper Lane, Missoula
- Lolo Elementary School: 11395 US Highway 93 South, Lolo
- McCormick Park: 600 Cregg Lane, Missoula
- Clinton School Annex: 20359 East Mullan Road, Clinton
- Potomac Greenough Community Center: 29827 Potomac Road, Potomac
- Seeley Lake Elementary School: 200 School Lane, Seeley Lake
- Missoula County Fairgrounds: 1101 South Avenue West, Missoula
- University of Montana Adams Center: 32 Campus Drive, Missoula
- Clearwater Credit Union: 2610 North Reserve Street, Missoula
- Missoula County Elections Center: 140 N. Russell Street, Missoula
The Missoula County Elections Center is open now through Election Day, but all other ballot drop-off locations are open only on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3. Mountain Line is operating on Nov. 3.
COVID-19 precautions will remain in place on the buses.