NewsMontana News


FWP: Replace faded hunting licenses and carcass tags

Faded licenses can be replaced at no charge
Posted at 2:00 PM, Sep 16, 2019
and last updated 2019-09-16 16:01:04-04

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks reports Montana hunting and angling licenses printed on yellow paper have a tendency to fade and can be replaced for free.

In a Facebook post MT FWP said, "license providers will soon receive new license paper that will not fade as is the issue with the current yellow paper." The new paper was shipped to providers this week.

The new paper is white and not the traditional yellow that outdoor recreators are familiar with. This is so people can better differentiate between the old and new paper.

Faded licenses can be replaced at no cost at any regional Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks office.

Another option is to head to and log into MyFWP to request a digital license to either print out or carry on a smart phone. Fish and Wildlife said digital licenses are good for everything except a carcass tag.

Replacement licenses do not count against the number of replacements a person is allowed.