The Montana Lottery drew the winning ticket number for the 2019 Montana Millionaire game Friday morning.
The winning ticket is number: 042230
All 180,000 tickets were sold out by 1:12 p.m. on Dec. 2, 2019, five days earlier than in 2018. That is the earliest date in the game’s 13 year history.
For a complete list of all the prizes, including early bird winners, head over the Montana Lottery’s website .
Here is a complete list of the top prizes:
- $1,000,000: 042230, Town Pump of Kalispell #3 #316
- $250,000: 006944, Reynold's Market in Baker
- $100,000: 100758, Agland Co-op in Wolf Point
- $100,000: 052770, Town Pump of Helena #2810
- $100,000: 052564, TJ's Quik Stop in Poplar
- $10,000: 063113, Town Pump Thompson Falls #3900
- $10,000: 083973, Super 1 Foods - Kalispell Evergreen
- $10,000: 170668, Town Pump of Dillon #2
- $10,000: 147078, Pattee Creek Market in Missoula
“It was amazing this year,” said Jennifer McKee, Montana Lottery communications manager. “We usually sell 150,000 , this year we went up to 180,000 in part because it was selling out so quickly. We wanted to expand the prizes and give people more chances.”
The winning numbers were chosen by a certified random number generator at the Lottery Office in Helena.
A relatively simple computer, its only job is to draw random numbers for the lottery’s state games.
The Lottery takes a lot of precautions to ensure the random number generator's integrity.
The machine is audited by a third party regularly, kept in a secure room that is always under surveillance and it takes a minimum of three people just to access the room.
It’s not hooked up to the internet and doesn’t communicate with anything,“ said McKee. “It lives in this room, it picks numbers, it gets certified and that’s its whole life.If someone is interacting with it our security team is there. There’s a very limited number of people that have ever been inside of that room.”
Most of the revenue from Montana Lottery games go into the Montana General Fund, with a smaller portion going into scholarships for Montana STEM Scholarship Program.