GREAT FALLS — Emergency crews responded to an overnight fire at an apartment building in Great Falls.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 a.m. at the Glacier Apartments at 505 3rd Avenue North.
There is no word yet on whether anyone was seriously injured.
Resident Shiloh Wilson and her daughter Emmily were asleep when the fire started. Shiloh says she saw fire crews evacuating residents.
She and her daughter are without a home after they crawled through their window to escape the smoke.
"She had no problem jumping out the window but she was scared and she's scared now," Shiloh said. "I have her covered with a jacket so she doesn't have to see."
Shiloh says they had just moved into the apartment in December and were still in the process of settling in.
She also said that today is her daughter's seventh birthday, and despite the chaos of the situation.
Shiloh said that Emmily "is happy that she got to say thank you and talk to a fireman."
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire, nor the amount of damage.
We will have more information on this developing story as it becomes available.