UPDATE: 11:32 a.m. - Oct. 7, 2020
GREAT FALLS - Spectrum said in an email to MTN News that an issue on a third-party carrier’s network impacted service for Spectrum customers. Service was restored at approximately 9 a.m.
(first report: 9:07 a.m. - Oct. 7, 2020)
MTN News has received several messages from people in Montana saying that their Spectrum internet service is not working.
We began receiving reports at about 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
The website DownDetector confirms that many people are reporting issues with internet connectivity this morning. Here are some of the comments on the site:
- Nicole: Down in Great Falls MT. There's a tech outside my place working on a pole, said it's out everywhere in Great Falls.
- Las: Internet has been out in Missoula all night. Looks like other places are hurting too.
- Kara: Missoula and Helena MT are out too
- Andrew: Been down in Great Falls, MT for 2 hours now.
- MattB: Down in Lakeside, MT since about 4:30am
- BrightBladdle: Internet down in Belgrade, Montana
- Noah: Great Falls, MT has sketchy service right now.
- CJ: Just talked to Spectrum. It's affecting customers in MT, WY and CO. No estimated time of restoration.
At this point, there is no word on the cause of the outage, nor how long it might be before service is restored.
Spectrum said in a Twitter post: "We are aware of an issue affecting services for customers in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. Engineers and investigating and are working towards a resolution."
We will update you if we get any information from Spectrum.