Great Divide Ski Area is planning to open Saturday, October 31 from 10:00am to 4:00pm for an extra early season opening for season pass holders only.
This will be their earliest opening with a chairlift ever, and will be the start of Montana's 2020-21 Ski Season. If the snow holds up, they are able to open Sunday, November 1.
The Good Luck Chairlift will be serving the Good Luck Trail into our Broadway Trail. There will also be one small Terrain Park with 6 features.
The Main Lodge will be closed to seating and will only be open to access lockers and use the restrooms. A limited Sack Lunch option will be available from the SunDeck Hut with canned beverages available with limited seating on the deck.
The rental shop will only be open for Season Leases, they will not be doing daily rentals.
The ticket office will be open to pick up or purchase Season Passes. To help reduce lines, you can e-mail a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and they can print your pass ahead of time.
Safety Requirements for this weekend:
- Note that face coverings will be required
- Anytime you are inside any building at Great DivideWhile in a lift line, while loading a lift, and while unloading a liftAnytime that a 6' social distance space cannot be maintained
- If you are feeling ill, please do not come up to the mountain.
- We ask for your help in complying with these requirements as it is the only way we will be able to continue providing a fun, safe recreational experience throughout the winter.
While they are currently only opening for Season Passholders, this is to help limit lift lines and to not encourage travel from other states to Great Divide.
In past years they have had early season visitors from: Salt Lake City, Spokane, Seattle, and other distant areas. With the exception of ski areas in Colorado, they will be the only area open in the Western United States this weekend. This restriction is strictly for their early season with very limited terrain open.
Until they reach our regular operating season, each weekend will be evaluated whether there is enough snow to open and they will release our decision on the Friday before the weekend.
Season Passes are still on early season sale price through November 30th
Get your pass at skigd.com/SHOP or schedule an appointment for this Saturday to come up and get your Season Lease Equipment for the year. They still have a large selection of tuned and tested skis for every size and ability. Schedule your appointment here: https://v2.waitwhile.com/welcome/skigd
As they prepare for the upcoming Season, there are job openings in all Departments. Please visit: https://skigd.com/employment/ for more information and to fill out an application.
Great Divide is implementing several safety precautions including, but not limited to:
- 100% Mask Required for staff and guests
- Increased cleaning throughout the base area
- Health screenings of staff each day
- Limiting our face to face time with each guest by capturing as much data ahead of time as possible