MISSOULA — A University of Montana text alert was sent out at 5:45 p.m. Monday regarding a natural gas leak in the chemical storage building near the Skaggs Building.
An hour after the initial text was sent, a follow up alert was sent to inform students that the building’s gas lines had been shut off and that the building is safe.
In the initial text alert that was sent on behalf of Univeristy of Montana Police Department Director Marty Ludemann, students were advised to stay clear of the area, and that emergency agencies were on the scene.
MTN News went the scene and learned from Missoula Fire Battalion Chief Robin Spurlock that there are currently no dangerous gas leak readings, and nobody is currently in the building.
The gas has been shut off to the building, and they are currently investigating where the leak came from.