HALL — The investigation into a Thursday fatal house fire near Hall is continuing.
Granite County Sheriff Scott Dunkerson says that a small electric heater was likely the cause of the mobile home fire that claimed the life of a child.
The investigation into the matter is still ongoing.
"We at the Sheriff’s Office...extend our sincere condolences to the family of this tragic event and will keep them in our thoughts and prayers," Sheriff Dunkerson stated in a news release.
The Valley Fire Department responded to the fire at about 1 a.m. on Thursday.
The child died at the scene of the fire. Three family members managed to make it out of the home, Dunkerson said on Thursday.
One was airlifted to a hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries. The other two family members were taken to a hospital via ambulance.
Authorities are currently not releasing the names of people involved, nor the age of the child.
However, it has been confirmed that the victim was a junior high school student.
Drummond Public Schools sent a letter to families stating that "Tragically, early this morning, we lost a student in a house fire."
"The accident will impact our community for a long time," the letter also stated.
A Crisis Response Team is also in place to help students.