MISSOULA — Rain showers will continue across northwest Montana this morning then become lighter and more scattered this afternoon.
West-central and southwest Montana will remain dry with mostly cloudy skies. High temperatures will top out in the 40s to middle 50s across western Montana Friday.
An active weekend is shaping up across the northern Rockies. Rain/snow showers will start in northwest Montana Saturday morning and continue through the day.
West-central and southwest Montana will stay mostly dry Saturday with a few light rain showers moving in by late afternoon and evening. Highs will be in the 40s Saturday.
Saturday night into Sunday cold air will move into western Montana and as it does rain will change over to snow. Right now snow totals look like this.
- Flathead/Mission Valleys, Kootenai/Cabinet Region: 1"-to-3"
- West Glacier: Valleys- 2"-to-5", Mountains- 8"-to-12"
- Seeley Lake/Potomac Region: 4"-to-8", Mountains- 8"-to-14"
- Butte/Blackfoot Region: Valleys- 4"-to-8", Mountains- 8"-to-14"
- Bitterroot/Missoula Valleys: 2"-to-5"
- Bitterroot/Sapphire Mountains: 8"-to-12"
Looking at next week, cold air along with scattered snow showers will remain in the forecast as high temperatures top out mostly in the low to middle 30s.