A Waiting Child: Sean

A Waiting Child: Mason
Posted at 8:44 AM, Jun 15, 2020

BILLINGS — This month's edition of A Waiting Child features Sean, who just marked his 15th birthday.

In his free time, he sketches, goes outside and plays basketball.

He really likes science, particularly chemistry, and figuring out how things work.

"I like making things and fixing things," Sean said.

He's not afraid of hard work and even has a few prospective career aspirations.

Sean enjoys reading, and pretty much anything outdoors.

"I'm athletic -- and artistic," Sean said.

He loves animals, and he’s got a pretty solid three point shot.

And the first thing he wanted to do when the sun popped out again, "I really just want to go swimming again," Sean said, "Looking forward to being able to go outside and going swimming and going to a home.

For more information on Sean joining your family, contact Carrie Metzger at (406) 294-2330.

You can contact the Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services for information about adoption and/or fostering at 1-866-9-FOSTER (1-866-936-7837).

Children who are available for adoption through the Child & Family Services Division of the DPHHS have been removed from their own families because of abuse, neglect, or other family problems that make it unsafe for them to remain at home. The rights of their parents have been terminated making the children available for adoption.

Who May Adopt? Either married couples or single adults who have an approved pre-placement evaluation or adoptive home study may adopt in the State of Montana.

How do I get a home study? If you live in Montana, you may begin the process by contacting your county office of Child and Family Services. If you live outside of Montana, contact your state or local office that provide these services.

What about training? Montana Child and Family Services require and provide special training to all of our foster and adoptive parents. The training is offered at various times and places around the State of Montana. If you live in Montana, information is available from your county CFS office . If you live outside of Montana, contact your state or local office that provides these services.

Click here to learn more about child adoption in Montana.