MISSOULA – Six Missoula philanthropists were presented with awards for their outstanding contributions to the community on Wednesday night.
“I don’t think people generally give for recognition, but it really is important to recognize generosity,” said United Way of Missoula CEO Susan Hay Patrick.
The award winners were nominated by the public and selected by a committee of nonprofit leaders.
Among the awards were Outstanding Fundraising Professional, Outstanding Young Philanthropist and Outstanding Nonprofit Organization.
“It’s very humbling, I mean there’s so many great fundraisers in this town, doing work for incredible organizations and I was just honored to be chosen,” said Outstanding Fundraising Professional winner Glenn Marangelo.
“I really just want to be a role model for people, like so what you’re 19, the only thing that matters is your intentions, and I think I have good ones,” Outstanding Young Philanthropist winner Dani Mayeaux told MTN News.
The event was held at Stockman Bank where around 80 people gathered to celebrate the award winners.
Below is a full list of the award winners:
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Glenn Marangelo, development director at Missoula Butterfly House & Insectarium, for accomplishments in nonprofit fundraising and the successful capital campaign for the butterfly house’s new facility.
- Outstanding Philanthropist: Laura Snyder, founder of Mountain Home Montana, for longtime service and support of Mountain Home and many other community efforts.
- Outstanding Volunteer: Cat Leedom, for the administration of the Missoula Community Organizing Action mutual aid Facebook group, which has connected thousands of Missoulians with resources throughout COVID-19 and beyond.
- Outstanding Young Philanthropist: Dani Mayeaux, for her advocacy work and service as a youth action board member for the Montana Continuum of Care.
- Outstanding Corporation: Jackson Contractor Group, for outstanding generosity to a wide range of local nonprofits through financial and volunteer support.
- Outstanding Nonprofit Organization: Humane Society of Western Montana, for leadership in animal welfare and outstanding care for pets, people, and community.