MISSOULA - Local churches and area nonprofits are teaming up on Saturday 5, 2023, for a community-wide event in Missoula.
Organizers say over 500 volunteers will take part in dozens of projects as part of the Serve Montana event.
There are 24 churches involved in the event which will take place from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Check-in starts at 8 a.m. at the Christian Life Center on South Russell Street, followed by community worship at 9 a.m.
Volunteers will gather to complete projects such as:
- Landscaping and clean up at Missoula City parks
- Staining or painting fences & picnic tables at Missoula City parks
- Hosting a carnival at a group home
- Car wash for Child and Family Services Department vehicles
- Organizing and cleaning Child & Family Services visitation rooms
- Cleaning up graffiti in Missoula Neighborhoods
- St Patrick House yard and basement clean up
- Cleaning up streets around our city
- Temporary Homeless Shelter site clean up
- Baking and delivering cookies to area First Responders
- Outside cleanup of neighborhood elementary schools
Additional information can be found at https://www.servemontana.org/.