MISSOULA – This week we look back on Fort Missoula’s 2002 4th of July celebration.
This year they will be celebrating for the 42nd year starting at 8 a.m. with a pancake breakfast.
A Welcoming Ceremony at 12 p.m. will celebrate America’s Independence Day with singing of the National Anthem and a presentation of the flag by VFW Post 209 and American Legion Hellgate Post 27 Honor Guards.
Admission is to the event is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors, $2 for students, and $15 per family. Children age 6 and under — as well as HMFM members — are free. The pancake breakfast is $5 for adult or $20 per family (includes admission for the day).
The party goes on rain or shine. Follow the signs and remember all roads lead to fun here at the Historical Museum!
The celebrations will include:
- musical entertainment
- model trains & ham radios
- old-fashioned children’s games
- food trucks
- a scavenger hunt (for adults, too)
- Dunk tank
- living history tours of the lookout, schoolhouse, Drummond Depot, Trolley Barn, & locomotive
- historic steam-engine sawmill demos
- antique engine displays
- Missoula Fire Trucks
- historical surveying and MT genealogy
- craft vendors
- horse-drawn wagon rides
- special goings all day at the Homestead Cabin with games, hands-on activities, and demonstrators
- miniature ponies and farm animals
- Cold beer provided by Bayern Brewing