HELENA – Montana’s unemployment rate dropped again in June, falling to 3.8%.
Payroll employment posted a gain of 400 jobs despite a loss of nearly 800 jobs in federal government employment over the month. Retail trade and local government posted the largest over-the-month growth, according to .the numbers released by the Department of Labor & Industry.
The lowest jobless rate stood at 1.8% in Daniels and Fallon counties while the highest unemployment rate in June was 9.4% in Big Horn County.
The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 4.0% in June.
Western Montana June unemployment rates:
- Missoula County: 3.1% (down .4%)
- Powell County: 3.7% (down .2%)
- Ravalli County: 3.7% (down .7%)
- Lake County: 3.8% (down .4%)
- Flathead County: 4.2% (down .5%)
- Granite County: 4.7% (down .5%)
- Sanders County: 5.4% (down .9%)
- Mineral County: 6.2% (down .3%)
- Lincoln County: 6.7% (down 1.2)