KALISPELL – With the recent weather conditions, officials are rescinding Stage II fire restrictions throughout Northwest Montana.
For the City of Whitefish, Flathead and Lake counties, changes went into effect Wednesday afternoon, while fire danger remains "Very High".
Federal, state and private jurisdictions rescinding fire restrictions include:
- Flathead National Forest
- Kootenai National Forest
- Glacier National Park
- Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation
- U.S. Fish and Wildland Service
- Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks
- Flathead County and Lake County – Effective immediately
- Sanders County – Has moved to Stage 1 Fire restrictions
- Lincoln County – Contingent upon commissioner signature.
Officials say Labor Day weekend is a popular time for family camping and outdoor recreation, and stress continued diligence with campfire safety.