NewsLocal NewsFlathead County


Heater sparks Evergreen structure fire

Posted at 11:43 AM, Mar 06, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-07 11:50:26-05

KALISPELL – Fire crews battled a blaze in the Flathead on Tuesday.

Evergreen Fire Chief Craig Williams says the Evergreen Fire Department, Kalispell fire and the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office responded to a trailer fire on Two Pines Drive at 12:38 p.m. on Tuesday.

Luckily no one was home or injured at the time of the fire. The fire was caused by a propane heater underneath the trailer in an attempt to warm up frozen pipes.

Evergreen Fire
A propane heater underneath the trailer being used to warm up frozen pipes sparked the fire in Evergreen. (Maren Siu/MTN News photo)

Chief Williams told MTN News that the fire was confined to the rear bedroom but smoke spread and damaged the remainder of the trailer.

Chief Williams told MTN News that people should never leave a heater unattended and keep it away from flammables.

Additionally, if you need help installing a heater, call a licensed professional to assist you, and make sure all fire and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the family that was living in the home.

Evergreen Fire
(MTN News image)