PHILIPSBURG — Coronavirus concerns have prompted officials to declare a state of emergency in Granite County.
Local health officials have ordered that all restaurants, bars and breweries be closed down for one week. Take-out and delivery services are still being allowed.
The state of emergency was issued on Wednesday and a local Incident Management Team was established.
The Granite County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page along with the Granite County webpage will be used to share up to date information.
While Granite County Hospital remains open, residents are asked to call ahead before coming in for treatment.
No walk-in patients will be allowed unless it is a medical emergency.
Residents are being advised to follow all US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations including the following:
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits
- Practice good hygiene: Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface
- Avoid touching your face; Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.