PHILIPSBURG — Granite County health officials have provided an update on their response to the COVID-19 outbreak and are also asking for donations.
The Granite County COVID-19 Incident Management Team is continuing to manage the COVID-19 locally and will continue to meet weekly with the Local Emergency Planning Committee, according to a news release.
Additionally, the Granite County Board of Public Health is asking for people to donate masks, respirators, gloves, face shields and eye protection to the Granite County Medical Center.
Donations are being accepted at the Drummond Public Health Office and at the Granite County Sheriff’s Office. However. people are being asked to call ahead.
The Drummond office can be reached at (406) 544-0117 while the phone number for the Sheriff’s Office is (406) 859-3251.
While the Granite County Medical Center and clinic remain open at this time, residents are asked to please call ahead before coming in for treatment. No walk-ins are allowed unless it is a medical emergency.
Orders of Closure:
• Establishments offering food or beverage for on-premises consumption, including alcoholic beverage services, through April 10. Take-out and delivery services for these businesses is allowed and encouraged.
• Other places where activities pose enhanced health risks including gyms, indoor facilities at ski areas, fitness studios, indoor recreational facilities, movie and performance theaters, etc. Required Social
• Effective immediately - Non-essential social and recreational gatherings of individuals outside of a home or place of residence of greater than 10 people are prohibited if a distance of at least six feet between individuals cannot be maintained.
• Parents should avoid, if possible, placing children for childcare with grandparents, family members, friends, or providers over the age of 60 or immunocompromised persons.
• Effective March 28, retail businesses shall establish, implement, and enforce social distancing policies sufficient to ensure a minimum of six feet of distance between customers.