The Teton County Health Department on Saturday said that people who attended the MORP (prom) at the Choteau Country Club on June 27th may have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19.
In a news release, the agency said that anyone who attended the event should self-quarantine immediately, and seek COVID-19 testing, and self-quarantine through July 11th.
The news release asks that anyone who attended follow this guidance:
- Stay at home and maintain at least 6 feet of separation from others. As much as possible, separate from the others living in your home.
- If a family member starts to show signs and symptoms of illness call Teton County Health Department for further direction.
- Monitor for signs and symptoms of illness (cough, fever greater than 100°, shortness of breath, sore throat.) If you become symptomatic during your quarantine period, call your healthcare provider or local emergency room and the Teton County Health Department for further guidance.
- If you have a medical emergency, call 911. Tell them you were identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case.
- If you need medications, groceries, or other essential items, have someone else obtain these things for you and bring them to your home. Many grocery stores and pharmacies are available to deliver items. If you cannot find someone else to bring these items to your doorstep, call our Teton County Hotline at 406-466-2505 and leave a message with your name, phone number and need.
They recommend that everyone who attended the event get tested. However, due to the Holiday weekend, you can wait until Monday when testing will be more readily available. If you develop emergency warning signs, such as trouble breathing, get emergency medical care immediately and let them know you may have had an exposure to a positive COVID-19 case.
According to the latest information from the Montana Response COVID-19 tracking map, as of Saturday morning there have been 10 cumulative cases of COVID-19 in Teton County; four of the cases were listed as "new" on Saturday.
The Teton County Health Department can be reached at 406-466-2562.
Latest state-wide information: COVID-19 in Montana (Saturday July 4)