NewsCoronavirus

Actions

Missoula County COVID-19 vaccine update

COVID-19 vaccination
Posted at 3:01 PM, Mar 08, 2021
and last updated 2021-03-08 18:12:45-05

MISSOULA — COVID-19 vaccination efforts are continuing in Missoula County.

Missoula County officials report that 14% of the eligible population -- 14,329 residents -- have been fully immunized against COVID-19 as of Monday.

A total of 22,279 county residents have received either their first dose of Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the one-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine -- approximately 22% of the estimated 99,813 residents who are eligible to get vaccinated.

Missoula County has a 98% efficiency rate for administering vaccines. The remaining 2% is due to an operational gap between when vaccine is received and when clinics are held.

Click here for additional information about COVID-19 vaccination plans in Missoula County.

Residents can now sign up to receive emails with updates on vaccine options in Missoula County.

Once you submit your email address and follow the prompts, there will be an option to select "COVID-19 Vaccine Updates" under the News category.

The Missoula City-County Health Department reported on March 5 that the county won't be immediately moving into Phase 1B+ of the state COVID-19 vaccination plan.

Additionally, Missoula County has announced it has rolled out surveillance testing for COVID-19 to the public.

To date, a total of 8,292 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Missoula County including 8,102 recoveries and 83 COVID-19 related deaths.