MISSOULA - The Missoula-City-County Health Department is urging the "widespread indoor mask use is encouraged for all individuals regardless of vaccination status."
Under the High Risk COVID-19 category the following prevention strategies are recommended by CDC for individuals:
- Wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of vaccination status (including in K-12 schools and other indoor community settings) \
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk [cdc.gov] for severe disease
- Wear a mask or respirator [cdc.gov] that provides you with greater protection
- Consider avoiding non-essential indoor activities in public where you could be exposed
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to take other precautions (e.g., testing)
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
- If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk [cdc.gov] for severe disease
- consider self-testing to detect infection before contact
- consider wearing a mask when indoors with them
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
- Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
Vaccine appointments, the therapeutics finder tool and COVID-19 testing locations can all be found at https://www.missoulainfo.com/.