HELENA — There were 957 newly reported COVID-19 cases across the state on Tuesday and the number of deaths stands at 725 -- a jump of 24 -- according to data compiled over the past 24 hours by MTN News.
There were currently 15,481 active cases in Montana up from 15,395 reported on Monday. There has been a cumulative total of 63,693, MTN News is reporting. Of the total cases, 47,487 have recovered.
There are currently 495 people hospitalized up from the 477 reported on Monday. There were 4,874 completed tests within the last 24 hours, bringing the cumulative total to 660,895.
The numbers reported by MTN reflect the latest data from the Montana COVID website, along with supplemental data received from county health departments.
TOTAL/NEW/ACTIVE CASES (state data)
- Cascade County Cases: 5,166 Total | 218 New | 2,156 Active
- Lewis and Clark County Cases: 2,929 Total | 137 New | 1,346 Active
- Yellowstone County Cases: 11,144 Total | 101 New | 4,557 Active
- Flathead County Cases: 6,884 Total | 91 New | 2,095 Active
- Gallatin County Cases: 7,380 Total | 67 New | 496 Active
- Silver Bow County Cases: 2,227 Total | 42 New | 704 Active
- Missoula County Cases: 4,803 Total | 37 New | 1,381 Active
- Big Horn County Cases: 1,805 Total | 29 New | 213 Active
- Jefferson County Cases: 500 Total | 29 New | 79 Active
- Ravalli County Cases: 1,576 Total | 23 New | 691 Active
- Fergus County Cases: 644 Total | 20 New | 219 Active
- Stillwater County Cases: 446 Total | 19 New | 84 Active
- Hill County Cases: 1,351 Total | 18 New | 145 Active
- Dawson County Cases: 640 Total | 17 New | 79 Active
- Sanders County Cases: 256 Total | 16 New | 36 Active
- Custer County Cases: 751 Total | 15 New | 69 Active
- Lincoln County Cases: 767 Total | 11 New | 193 Active
- Park County Cases: 666 Total | 11 New | 232 Active
- Daniels County Cases: 122 Total | 10 New | 25 Active
- Deer Lodge County Cases: 732 Total | 10 New | 38 Active
- Musselshell County Cases: 219 Total | 9 New | 58 Active
- Prairie County Cases: 101 Total | 8 New | 19 Active
- Blaine County Cases: 529 Total | 7 New | 28 Active
- Carbon County Cases: 595 Total | 7 New | 38 Active
- Fallon County Cases: 248 Total | 6 New | 22 Active
- Liberty County Cases: 93 Total | 6 New | 25 Active
- Beaverhead County Cases: 577 Total | 4 New | 61 Active
- Roosevelt County Cases: 1,249 Total | 4 New | 63 Active
- Sweet Grass County Cases: 256 Total | 4 New | 32 Active
- Broadwater County Cases: 197 Total | 3 New | 37 Active
- Glacier County Cases: 1,179 Total | 3 New | 44 Active
- Lake County Cases: 1,074 Total | 3 New | 154 Active
- Madison County Cases: 414 Total | 3 New | 21 Active
- Pondera County Cases: 309 Total | 3 New | 47 Active
- Valley County Cases: 565 Total | 3 New | 41 Active
- Chouteau County Cases: 276 Total | 2 New | 35 Active
- Richland County Cases: 581 Total | 2 New | 182 Active
- Rosebud County Cases: 881 Total | 2 New | 26 Active
- Teton County Cases: 202 Total | 2 New | 34 Active
- Wheatland County Cases: 104 Total | 2 New | 22 Active
- Wibaux County Cases: 89 Total | 2 New | 16 Active
- Carter County Cases: 113 Total | 1 New | 3 Active
- Granite County Cases: 127 Total | 1 New | 14 Active
- Meagher County Cases: 109 Total | 1 New | 3 Active
- Mineral County Cases: 74 Total | 1 New | 25 Active
- Phillips County Cases: 286 Total | 1 New | 44 Active
- Powder River County Cases: 90 Total | 1 New | 4 Active
- Sheridan County Cases: 282 Total | 1 New | 31 Active
- Toole County Cases: 599 Total | 1 New | 11 Active
- Treasure County Cases: 30 Total | 1 New | 2 Active
NOTE: The disparity between state data from the Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) and local data from county health departments continues to grow as COVID-19 cases escalate in Montana. MTN has decided to use a combination of these sources to deliver more accurate information across all media platforms. Local county health departments may be alerted to cases before DPHHS. As those counties share that information with the public, MTN feels it should be reflected in our reporting. Using that local data means there will be times when MTN coronavirus data does not align with the state report. Click here for the Montana COVID site.
RESTRICTIONS: Tighter statewide restrictions went into effect on Nov. 20 due to the continuing increase in the number of cases and deaths. Masks will be required in all counties regardless of the number of active cases. Capacity at restaurants, bars, and casinos will be reduced to 50%, with a limit of six people per table. The businesses must close by 10 p.m. Public gatherings will also be limited to 25 people where social distancing is not possible. Click here to read the full text of the directive.
CONTEXT: Not every person who tests positive actually becomes ill or exhibits symptoms. Many do not; of those who do become sick, some experience mild symptoms and do not require hospitalization. Others, however, do require hospitalization, as noted in the daily update on the number of people hospitalized. However, every person who tests positive for COVID-19 has the potential to spread the virus to other people, including family members and friends, which is why public health officials continue to encourage everyone to wear a mask and maintain at least the recommended six feet of "social distance" when in public. The CDC released data in late August which emphasizes that people with contributing or chronic medical conditions are at much greater risk of dying from COVID-19. Click here to read more.
Click here for information on how to contact county or tribal health departments.