HELENA — There were 338 new COVID cases reported in Montana on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, with 3,795 active cases in the state, according to the Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services (DPHHS).
There were 17 additional COVID-19 related deaths reported on Thursday, according to DPHHS. Of these deaths, one occurred in December, 10 in November, four in October, one in August and one in April. The total number of deaths in Montana due to COVID-19 is now 2,739.
Counties reporting additional COVID-19 related deaths
- Gallatin (3)
- Lewis and Clark (7)
- Stillwater (2)
The information above is from the DPHHS website and is current as of Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021. The state site also includes county-specific data on cases, deaths, vaccinations, and more.
The number of people currently hospitalized due to COVID-19 is 208, down from 220 on Wednesday. The cumulative number of hospitalizations in Montana due to the virus is 10,005.
Counties with the most new COVID-19 cases
- Cascade County Cases: 16,767 Total | 45 New | 248 Active
- Gallatin County Cases: 22,297 Total | 40 New | 341 Active
- Stillwater County Cases: 1,240 Total | 35 New | 13 Active
- Lewis and Clark County Cases: 12,287 Total | 27 New | 454 Active
- Flathead County Cases: 20,923 Total | 26 New | 325 Active
- Missoula County Cases: 17,473 Total | 15 New | 403 Active
- Yellowstone County Cases: 31,329 Total | 14 New | 868 Active
- Blaine County Cases: 1,422 Total | 11 New | 17 Active
- Silver Bow County Cases: 6,243 Total | 10 New | 70 Active
- Custer County Cases: 2,390 Total | 9 New | 23 Active
There have been 191,925 cumulative cases of COVID-19 in Montana. The cumulative number of recoveries is now 185,391. There were 5,025 new COVID-19 tests administered since the last DPHHS report.
An estimated 51% of eligible residents are now vaccinated, with 520,643 Montanans now considered fully vaccinated. The total number of COVID vaccination doses administered is 1,230,187. If you want to get vaccinated, contact your county health department, or click here.