Testimony continued on Friday in Great Falls in the murder trial of Brandon Craft, who is charged with killing Adam Petzack in 2016.
Petzack rented a small out-building from Craft on Gore Hill. Craft told investigators that he killed Petzack after he saw him performing an inappropriate sex act near Craft’s young daughter, but detectives testified that there was no evidence of that.
Prosecutors say after Craft murdered Petzack, he hid his body and started a bank account to steal Petzack's military veteran's benefits. Craft and his now-former wife Katelyn were later arrested in Washington.
The couple later divorced, and Katelyn subsequently pleaded guilty to two felony counts of deceptive practices.
The trial was postponed several times for various reasons, including Brandon’s attorney being removed due to a conflict of interest, and an anonymous letter being dropped off at the courthouse alleging that Katelyn had more to do with Petzack's murder.
Testimony on Friday was heard from:
- Katelyn Kelly – finished up her testimony but is called for the defense side
- Sharonda Holleman, Criminal Intelligence Analyst- went through phone records and showed placement of phones.
- Douglas Mike Hardeson - lives in Deer Lodge area, bought a truck from Brandon
- Celina Russel, Brandon’s grandmother - lives in Black Eagle- she spoke with Brandon on the phone while he was in jail.
- Madison Tri, Brandon's cousin- Lives in Great Falls and wrote a letter to the court saying Katelyn was involved.
- Patty Sayers- Katelyn Craft lived with her after being in jail.
- Timothy Crocker lives in Great Falls, and was Katelyn's former fianceé - claims she told him that she was in the bedroom with Brandon when he shot Adam.
- Prosecutors also showed a video at the end of Friday's hearing, showing investigators talking to Brandon and he admits he did it.