MARTIN CITY – One person died in a Thursday fire in the Flathead Valley.
Fire crews responded to the blaze shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday to a home off of Central Avenue in Martin City.
Authorities say that a female died in the fire. Nobody else was home at the time of the blaze.
Martin City Fire Chief Tom Torpen says it appears the blaze started in a wood stove which had its front door blown off.
The victim’s name has not been released at this time. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.
-information from Maren Siu