Beginning May 6th, book drops at most locations will be reopened, so that patrons can begin returning items.
Due to construction, there will not be a book drop at the Main Branch in downtown Helena. You can return books at the Capitol Branch or the four other remote book drop offs.
The library says all returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours and cleaned before being available again to ensure safety for staff and customers.
Beginning May 11th, the library will begin the process of offering curb-side holds pick up at the Augusta, East Helena, Lincoln and Capitol branches. Staff will contact patrons who have holds and schedule a pick up time.
The library wants to remind everyone of available, online services:
· Nothing that you have checked out will accrue fines.
· Library card accounts that were due to expire will be extended.
· Any requested items currently held at a closed library will remain on hold for you until you are contacted by staff to schedule a pick up time.
· You can get digital materials — including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks, and streaming videos— through their website and corresponding apps for your personal devices: Libby, OverDrive, Axis360, and Hoopla; all of them are free. They have also increased the availability of items in digital formats.
· Access educational and informative databases on the website.
· Get questions answered by staff via voicemail Monday through Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.